Dress Code Regulations
Students in the Murray School District are expected to keep themselves well groomed and neatly dressed while at school or at school functions.
Clothing or grooming which is conspicuous, extreme or odd which may draw undue attention, distract or tend to interfere with the educational atmosphere at school will not be allowed. To help students meet the expectations, the following is expected:
- Students shall NOT wear clothing items, jewelry or accessories that.
- a. Contain messages or images which are vulgar, offensive, obscene, or libelous.
- b. Denigrate others on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability.
- c. Promote alcohol, tobacco/nicotine, drug use or violence.
- d. Promote, support or display gang activity or affiliation.
- e. Are otherwise contrary to the school’s educational mission.
- a. Students shall not wear tank tops, halter tops, garments with spaghetti straps, or strapless garments.
- b. Garments that are see-through, cut low, or expose one’s midriff (when hands are raised above the head), back, shoulders and cleavage are not acceptable. Any cuts/holes in the clothing may not expose these or other revealing areas.
- c. Sleeveless garments must extend to the end of the shoulders and fit closely under the arms.
- d. Short shorts, short skirts, and short dresses are prohibited
- e. Skirts, shorts, or skorts must not be excessively tight and when seated, must be closer to the knee than the hip.
- a. No baggy, slashed, cut, fringed or torn clothing will be allowed.
- b. Belts must be put through the loops and not hang down.
- Ex: wrist or neck collars with spikes and chains of any length.
Please refer to the MURRAY SCHOOL DISTRICT STUDENT DRESS CODE POLICY.