SCHOOL COMMUNITY COUNCIL (SCC)
School improvement is the responsibility of everyone, from students and parents to professionals and public officials. School community councils are one way we can work together to make schools more successful. A council is an advisory body. All of its actions and plans are overseen by the local school board. The council is responsible to review and propose changes to academic school plans each year. The School Improve Plan and School LAND Trust Plan outline the student’s greatest academic needs and include an action plan to address them. Both plans are approved by the local school board and then implemented at the school. The School LAND Trust Plan is implemented with funds that increase every year. The council decides how the money is to be spent in the plan.
Councils also have the following other responsibilities:
- Parent may bring issues of concern to the council seeking solutions. The council may choose to address them or recommend another group or entity better suited to implement solutions.
- The council may create programs or projects to improve the parent student, and faculty school experience.
- The council may make recommendations to the administration of the school and district.
Community Council Members
- Joy Sanford – Principal
- Amy Mautz – School Counselor, Vice Chair
- Linda Auwerda – Teacher
- Nita Tuitupou – Chair
- Nate Auwerda – Parent Representative
- Natalie Day – Parent Representative
- Monica Diaz-Perng – Parent Representative
- Stephanie Richter – Parent Representative
COMMUNITY COUNCIL DATES FOR 2018-2019
Click on a date below for the Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- September 25, 2018
- October 16, 2018
- November 13, 2018
- December – no meeting
- January 22, 2019
- February 19, 2019
- March 19, 2019
- April 16, 2019
- May 21, 2019
***All meetings will start at 12:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted***
Other important SCC documentation: