Dear McMillan Families,
I hope everyone has had a fun and relaxing summer break, it is hard to believe the school year is almost here! The teachers, staff and I are preparing an extra fun year here at McMillan, and we can’t wait to see everyone again soon! I am thrilled to announce that we have amazing new teachers here at McMillan for the 22-23 school year:
- Mrs. Hansen- Kindergarten
- Ms. Call- First Grade
- Ms. Oldroyd- Third Grade
- Mrs. Dow- Fifth Grade
- Ms. Talebreza- Special Education
Please watch for a more detailed introduction to these wonderful teachers in ParentSquare!
A few important things to be aware of:
- First and foremost, because I know everyone will ask- the playground. It’s coming!!!! Buuuut….. We are still waiting for everything to ship and we *should* have our new playground at the end of September. In the meantime, I am planning rotations of extra fun stuff for recesses (and welcome parent volunteers who want to supervise bubble stations etc). Watch for more info in ParentSquare!
- Back to School Night is coming soon! Please join us August 11, 2022 from 3:30-6:00 pm for a casual Meet & Greet with the classroom teachers. The evening will be open house style, so drop by when it works for your family, we can’t wait to show you around your new classrooms! Parents, we are all hoping that hosting this event prior to the start of the school year will help to reduce any back to school jitters that might be surfacing.
- First Day of School for students in Grades 1-6 is August 15th! Please remember that our first week runs on an early-out schedule, which allows our teachers to complete all of the necessary assessment and training needed to help launch a great school year.
- First Day of School for Kindergarten Students– Please note the change of dates sent by the district this week- Kindergarten will now start on August 24th to allow teachers enough time for student assessments and preparations. Please contact the school if you have not received your kindergarten assessment appointment information.
- NEW START AND END TIMES IN MURRAY DISTRICT! Please be aware that ALL MCSD elementary schools are starting school at 8:40 AM and will dismiss students at 3:15 pm. I will send more reminders before the school year starts, but wanted to make sure everyone knows about the new start time asap!
Please squeeze as much fun as you can into these last few days of summer and I promise the McMillan Team will squeeze in as much fun as we possibly can during the school year, too! McMillan Students, please play outside every day, read some great books, help your family and neighbors, and get ready for a great year.
See you soon!
Principal, McMillan Elementary